Aim and Purpose:
This programme falls under the department of Support Services. The aim of this programme is to provide health care to inmates. Under this programme, staff and inmates are sensitized on health matters particularly on HIV/AIDs and this has created awareness among staff and inmates. This has translated into reduced prevalence of HIV/AIDs. It also provides needs based care programs aimed at maintaining the well-being of incarcerated persons in the department's care
- Measure objectives:
- Treatment of inmates incarcerated.
- Increased community awareness and health literacy disease prevention and health promotion.
- Procurement of drugs and essential clinical care.
- Improved the integrated health
- Reduced incidence and prevalence of communicable diseases.
- Monitoring and evaluation of Health service delivery.