RECRUITMENT INTO THE UGANDA PRISONS SERVICE 2019
The Commissioner general of Prisons informs the general public that recruitment of Recruit Warders / Wardresses into the Uganda Prisons Service shall take place throughout the country from 24th July, 2019 to 26th July, 2019 at all Fifteen Regional Prisons headquarters at Kabale, Mbarara, Masaka, Kampala, Mukono, Jinja, Mbale, Soroti, Moroto, Lira, Gulu, Arua, Masindi, Fort portal and Mubende.
All Applicants must be: -
1. Uganda Citizens aged 18 – 30 years.
2. In possession of O’ Level Certificate with at least 4 Credits including one in English and pass in Mathematics. (University graduates and diploma holders should NOT apply)
3. Physically fit.
4. Of good conduct with no criminal record and a letter of recommendation from LCI Chairpersons of their villages endorsed by LCII and LCIII Chairpersons of the Districts of origin.
1. With hand written application addressed to the Commissioner general of Prisons; with original academic papers and 03 photocopies of certificates / results slips.
2. With three (03) recent passport size photographs.
3. National citizenship identity card and ID of former school
4. Ready to undergo oral and written interviews
5. Ready to undergo thorough medical Examination on reporting for training to confirm suitability to undergo rigorous physical training.
All intending candidates are advised to report at the designated recruitment centers on the dates indicated.
Successful applicants should be ready to undergo a minimum Nine months basic Prisons Officer’s Training Course.
Effective appointment into the service is subject to successful completion of training.
Presentation of forged documents or impersonation is criminal and shall be prosecuted in courts of law.
All stages of the recruitment process are free of charge. Please do not pay any money to any one for service during the recruitment exercise.
AHIMBISIBWE .A. DAVID
For Secretary Prisons Council