RECRUITMENT INTO THE UGANDA PRISONS SERVICE, 2020
All applicants must be: -
1) Ugandan Citizens aged 18-30 years.
2) In possession of O’level certificates with at least 4 credits including one in English and a pass in Mathematics. (University graduates and Diploma holders should NOT apply).
3) Physically fit.
1) Handwritten application addressed to the Secretary Prisons Council; with 03 photocopies of certificates/result slips.
2) With three (03) recent passport size photographs.
3) Photocopy of National citizenship identity card and ID of former school.
4) Of good conduct with no criminal record and a letter of recommendation from L.C. I chairpersons of their villages endorsed by L.C II and L.C III chairpersons of Districts of Origin.
5) A reliable telephone contact of the applicant.
1) Ready to undergo both oral and written interviews.
2) Ready to undergo thorough Medical Examination as part of the interview to confirm suitability to undergo rigorous physical training.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interviews on the dates to be communicated to them.
Successful applicants should be ready to undergo a minimum of nine-month basic Prisons Officer’s Training Course.
Effective appointment into the service is subject to successful completion of the training.
All stages of the recruitment process are free of charge. Please do not pay any money to any one for any service during the recruitment exercise.
Applications should be delivered to the nearest Prison Unit/Regional Prisons Headquarters not later than 30th /August 2020.