The Uganda Prisons Service on Wednesday 3 April 2019 broke ground on the construction of the Prisons staff referral hospital at Luzira. The new facility will replace the current staff clinic which has been a major attraction delivering health services to staff, their families and communities of Nakawa Division and beyond.
The Commissioner General of Prisons, Can. Dr. Johnson Byabashaija today afternoon flagged off the Prisons Netball team travelling to Zanzibar, Tanzania for the East and Central Africa Netball Club Championships slated to start on 23 March, 2019.
The Team presented the Commissioner General with the National Netball League trophy retained from last season.
The Commissioner General encouraged them to work hard during the tournament since they are the defending champions and carry the flag of Uganda high.
The Minister of Internal Affairs Gen. Jeje Odongo Abubaker and State Minister Hon. Mario Obiga Kania were on Wednesday 5/12/2018 taken on a guided tour of the construction works taking place at Kitalya Mini - Maximum prison and staff quarters by the Commissioner General of Prisons, Can. Dr. Johnson Byabashaija.
The Minister was acompanied by Officials from the Internal Affairs and senior officers from Prisons headquarters.
1. Mrs. Sarah Kyazze Nalwanga, Assistant Commissioner, Community Corrections, Central Region is transferred to Prisons Headquarters for duty.
2. Mrs. Nuru Nsambu Mbalyowere, Principal Rehabilitation and Reintegration Officer, (PRRO) Kampala Extra Region is transferred to Central Region for duty.
3. Mr. David Moses Okiring, PRRO, U.G. Prison Upper is transferred to Kampala Extra Region/PATS for duty
The APP-Luzira Youth Centre is the result of a partnership between the Uganda Prisons Services (UPS) and African Prisons Project. Set within the Luzira Prison Complex with a scenic view of Murchison Bay on Lake Victoria, the Youth Centre boasts of a meeting hall, a well-stocked and contemporarily furnished library, a counselling room, several storage rooms and a multi-sports court.
From Burkina Faso to Sweden, from Fiji to Ghana, 72 corrections experts and practitioners from 28 countries came together for the Seventh United Nations International Conference on Corrections in Peacekeeping in Entebbe, Uganda, from 25 to 28 September, 2018.
27th August, 2018
To: All Officers in Charge
At the exigency of the service, the following transfers take immediate effect.
S/NO. F/NO RANK NAME FROM TO
1. 12267 Wdr Abal Amos Muinaina Sentema
2. 8290 Matron Ainembabazi Hamida Kigumba Gulu (M) - Nur. Ass.
3. 13513 Wdrss Aingo Sarah Luzira (W) Kigumba - Nur. Ass.
4. 12463 Wdrss Akankwasa Anoline M/bay L.Katwe
5. 6088 Ch/Wdr Angundu Philip Masaka (M) Yumbe
6. 9157 Wdr Anyanzo Dominic Oyam (M) Isimba
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
Press Release on the death at Naguru Hospital due to Crimean - Congo Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF)
Kyambogo University SACCO, KYUSACCO last week Tuesday, 31 July 2018 bench marked at the Uganda Prisons SACCO on the best practices and polices for members' savings.
The 6th Awarding of Academic Certificates to 113 graduate inmates was held yesterday 26 July, 2018 at Upper Maximum prison Luzira.
The function which had 58 inmates graduate with Certificates in Enterprenuership and Small Business Management and 55 with Diplomas in Enterprenuership and Small Business Management for the Academic years 2015/16 and 2016/17.